Nothing fishy about this grilled tilapia! Paired with the whimsical pear and walnut salad, you’ll keep coming back to this easy weeknight dinner.
Generally I am not a huge fan of fish, but this is one fish recipe I can get behind! Pair it with the pear and walnut salad, and you’ve got yourself a delicious weeknight treat.
Let me just add a few words about the salad: You are going to love it! Trust me! If your tastebuds are even only a tad adventurous, this salad is going to become one of your favorites. The slight bitterness from the lettuce and the extra virgin olive oil in the dressing is perfectly countered by the tart sweetness from the pear, and the rich earthy nutty flavor of the walnut.
If you try the recipe out, let me know in the comments how it went for you!
For the fish
- 1 whole tilapia (small)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 0.5 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tsp ghee
For the salad
- Handful of lettuce, washed
- 1 large pear, diced
- 1 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
For the Fish
- After cleaning and washing the fish, pat it dry.
- Cut horizontal or diagonal slits into the fish.
- Sprinkle the salt, pepper , garlic powder, and rosemary, and press the seasonings into the fish.
- Set it aside to marinate while you prep the salad.
- Once it has been marinating for about 30 minutes, set your grill pan on your stove-top and turn up the heat.
- Add ghee.
- Once the ghee is hot enough, gently place the fish on the grill pan.
- Grill over medium heat and turn when one side is cooked through.
- Cook the other side.
- Turn off the heat.
For the salad
- Tear the lettuce into large shreds and place into a large bowl.
- Add the walnuts and diced pear.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the extra virgin olive oil, lime juice, white vinegar, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
- Add about half of the dressing to your salad bowl and toss.
- Taste to see if you would prefer more dressing.
- Add more as per your taste.
Serve and enjoy your meal!